When I think of Puerto Princesa, only one thing comes into my mind: Baker’s Hill. I can’t stress enough how great their Salted Egg Yolk Prawns is! I remember when we frequent the place for work, we surely do not miss visiting this restaurant.
I could not always go to Palawan, but it does not mean I cannot recreate my favorite dish at home! Incidentally, this recipe popped up on my Facebook feed and angels of the kitchen called me to prepare this for dinner.
With a quick trip to the market, I bought fresh shrimps (as prawns were unavailable) and some ingredients that’s not available in my kitchen. Let the cooking begin!
Warning though, three words that does not sound well with healthy meal: butter and deep fried.
1/2 kg. shrimp, trimmed and patted dry
1/2 cup butter
5 salted eggs yolks, mashed
1/4 cup full cream milk
- Season shrimps with salt and pepper and a bit of thyme
- Heat oil and deep fry the shrimps until half done; drain on a strainer to remove excess oil
- On a separate pan, melt butter under low heat
- Add mashed egg yolks until evenly mixed with melted butter
- Add full cream milk and cook until sauce thickens. Add chilie flakes; season with salt and pepper
- Toss shrimps and let it cooked until sauce dries up
Serve hot and enjoy with heaps of hot rice! Yum!!!
Wow, that was easy! Have you guys tried this? Let us know!