As much as possible, we try to put varying dishes in our table to continuously delight ourselves with home cooked foods. One night we’ll satisfy ourselves with an Italian pasta ( just fresh tomatoes and herbs), the next we whip an Indian curry, then feast ourselves with Filipino food, or sometimes, Middle Eastern wraps. Oh why, thank you Google!
It also helps that we try to be healthier in terms of food choices so the closer it is to the raw state of the food, the better. This is why I love preparing wraps – fresh, minimal or no oil, and relatively easy to concoct.
So inspired by the shawarma I ate during lunch at the mall, I prepared chicken wraps for dinner. Enjoy!
- 2 whole wheat wraps
- 1/2 medium sized cabbage, sliced thinly
- 2 tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cucumber, cut in circular
- 1/4 chicken breast
- 1 pack McCormick Grill Mate’s Hickory Smoked
- Lite mayonnaise
- Cheese, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Marinade chicken breast with your desired flavor ( I chose Hickory smoked)
- Toast the chicken for 15-20 minutes
- Once cooked, slice the chicken in small pieces
- Toast the wheat wraps for 3-5 minutes
- Assemble the wraps by putting first the cucumber, spread the sliced cabbage and tomatoes, and top it with chicken
- Drizzle with lit mayonnaise and finish it with chees, if desired
- Fold the bottom part of the wrap first, then fold both sides to secure the food elements inside
- Wrap it with aluminum foil to ensure that it won’t get messy when eaten
We hope you have a hearty meal at home! Share to us what you have!